Example of Attorney Resume with Objective, Skills, Education and Work Experience that will help Job Seekers create their Resume.
A patent attorney works in a specific field of law that is known internationally either as intellectual property law or industrial property law. Patent attorneys typically work in four major areas: patents, trademarks, registered designs and copyrights. They also work in areas that include aspects about trade secrets, illegal competition, contracts and litigation. Examine the sample patent attorney resume below to discover some helpful hints that will give you the upper hand when it comes to making a first impression during your employment search.
Extremely gifted, resourceful and knowledgeable patent attorney with more than 10 years experience. Performed extensive professional legal, scientific and technical work concerning patents. Determined potential for granting patents on inventions or trademarks while monitoring infringement possibilities. Experience with the preparation, filing and prosecution of U.S. patent office applications. Counseled clients on IP issues and can establish and maintain open work relationships - building trust. Can manage multiple projects while adhering to published deadlines.Professional Experience
Rheem Manufacturing Co., Montgomery, AL 2008 - Present
Consulting Patent Attorney
• Acquire and protect all intellectual property rights for individual investors or organizations.
• Determine if company inventions are new and innovative enough to be patent eligible.
• Conduct discussion sessions with inventors concerning the product or idea and the processes used as background for determining if there is the likely success a patent will be granted.
• Analyze after careful study all scientific and technical documents including and already published patent material to assess just how the invention is new and innovative for qualification.
• Offer suggested modifications or alternative definitions for the invention.
• Answer all queries from patent examiners.
• Present periodic updates for specific patent applications.
Balch and Bingham LLP, Birmingham, AL 1999 - 2007
In-house Patent Attorney
• Developed the most appropriate methods for protecting ideas.
• Determined if an invention is uniquely new.
• Ascertained if an invention meets standard patent qualifying requirements.
• Designed strategies for intellectual property protection.
• Completed and filed U.S. patent applications.
• Staff training involving technology management with emphasis upon intellectual property protection.
• Compliance assistance concerning invention reporting government requirements.
• Assisted in in-house mentoring program for new patent agents.
Harvard University School of Law, Boston, MA
Juris Doctor, 1999
• Member, Journal of Law and Technology
• Member, International Law Society
• Member, Southern Legal Society
• The Harvard Law School Student Bar Association
University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL
BS in Economics and Business Management, 1996
• Graduated magna cum laude
• Dean's List Student and Merit Scholar
• Member Phi Beta Kappa
• New York State Regents Scholarship Recipient.
Alabama State Bar licensedProfessional Organizations
• Alabama State Bar Association (Member, Intellectual Property, International Law and Practice sections)
• The Association of the Bar of the City of Montgomery
• Birmingham Bar Association
• Pro bono work for the Boy Scouts of America; Birmingham Community TheaterTechnical Skills
• MS Office
• Web Dictate