Example of Chief Financial Officer Resume with Objective, Skills, Education and Work Experience that will help Job Seekers create their Resume.
A Chief Financial Officer holds one of the most important roles in a company. This senior level position is responsible for overseeing everything that pertains to the finances of a business. With this in mind, it is imperative for any candidate to know how to create an impressive resume similar to the chief financial officer resume sample provided below.
Senior level executive with extensive experience in the field of finance. Highly adept in financial management, cash forecasting, acquisitions, as well as financial and strategic planning. Equipped with a solid background in accounting and financial operations. Experienced professional who enjoys challenges and growth in the work environment. Excellent communication skills and presentation abilities.Professional Experience
Universal Wealth Management Group, Anaheim, CA 2005- Present
Senior Financial Officer
• Implement the company’s very first annual budget. Spearheaded the budgeting produces with senior management in all departments, with approval by the CEO and the Board of Directors.
• Managed the financial resources and fostered the longest period of financial stability in the company.
• Pioneered the analysis of market trends in the industry for the company and simultaneously developed processes to effective make market analysis.
• Acted as CFO for the company for 5 months and was instrumental in the improvement of operations profits by $2M, and assets by $7M.
• Instrumental in the improved market penetration by 22% through the acquisition of 12 business units in a period of one year.
Buildworks Corporation, Anaheim, CA 1999-2005
• Structured and negotiated financing agreements, which resulted in basis point reductions for the company.
• Created and developed the company’s financial reporting system to effectively meet the requirements of management.
• Cut receivable write-off issues by $250K through the restructuring of credit policies and the formation of aggressive and effectual collection campaigns.
• Reduced delinquent accounts by 17% through the pioneering of constructive dialogue procedures for delinquent accounts.
• Directed the annual planning review process and fostered accountability by consistently working with senior-level managers in all departments.
Martensen Company, San Francisco, CA 1997-1999
• Accomplished $160K in accumulated tax savings with the use of LIFO inventory and tax reduction strategies.
• Implemented the guidelines for the company’s financial management system.
• Reduced the collection period from 4 weeks to 7 days by drafting new procedures and policies.
• Promoted better systems to track assets and cash flow by means of automation and streamlined procedures.
College of Business Administration, California State University, San Marcos, CA
Master’s Degree in Finance, 1996
University of California, Berkeley, CA
Bachelor of Science in Finance, 1994
• Graduated Outstanding Student of the Year
• Merit Scholar
Certified Treasury ProfessionalProfessional Organizations
• CUNA CFO Council
• Native American Finance Officers Association
Fluent in German and SpanishTechnical Skills
Proficient in Microsoft Applications