Example of Fashion Resume with Objective, Skills, Education and Work Experience that will help Job Seekers create their Resume.
A fashion designer is involved in the aesthetic application of design, creating the look and feel of clothing and a wide range of accompanying accessories. Below is a fashion resume sample that can be used for guidance, so that you can present yourself in style when competing for your next employment opportunity.
Confident individual with a strong color sense along with a cutting edge taste level. Intelligent communicator, possessing both excellent verbal and writing skills. Self-motivated problem solver who can plan, organize and executive persuasive presentations. Ability to work in a team environment such as conducting a fashion show. Exhibit current up-to-date knowledge about public passion and preferences for prints, patterns and other clothing and accessory manufacturing details.Professional Experience
Anjac Fashion Design, Los Angeles, CA 2007 - Present
• Research, track and analyze projected fashion trends.
• Attend various shows and manufacturers to preview new textile samples.
• Procure textiles including all fabrics and associated fasteners.
• Sketch and draft clothing designs using (CAD) computer assisted drawing software.
• Create cutting patterns from which technical designers work.
• Present concepts to division manager and creative teams.
• Develop prototypes for first fittings with follow-up adjustments.
Raine de Vant, Los Angeles, CA 2003 - 2007
Associate Fashion Designer
• Team fashion and senior designer.
• Design liaison with sales channel.
• Coordinated team trend interpretations through entire design development.
• Solicited ideas from client accounts for creative team discussions.
• Wrote specs reflecting creative, cohesive collections that were marketable based on trend research.
• Communicated with project managers concerning specs, fabrics and all requirements for product completion.
• Helped to research and develop key fabrics, prints and patterns.
• Visited clothing stores for samples and creative ideas.
American Apparel, Los Angeles, CA 2000-2003
• Was a member of coordinated accessories design team.
• Worked with fashion house sales personnel gaining client input.
• Researched materials for accessory design and manufacture.
• Assisted with prototype production and show-needed samples.
• Conducted focus-group surveys gaining valuable consumer-based design input.
• Helped evaluate and determine current and future accessory design trends.
Diana Fashions, Hollywood, CA 1999-2000
Assistant Fashion Show Coordinator
• Helped Fashion Show Coordinator plan and execute quarterly public displays.
• Recruited, interviewed and suggested model selections for fashion shows staged.
• Assisted with logistical planning for all fashion shows including apparel delivery, model transportation, changing room assignments and more.
Fashion Institute of Design and Marketing, Irvine, CA
AA in Advanced Fashion Design , 1999
• Hollywood Reporter Key Art Award Student Competition – Fashion Design 1999
Los Angeles City College, Los Angeles, CA
AA in Theater, 1996
• Dean's List Student; Merit Scholar
• Member Los Angeles Educational Theater Association
• American Apparel and Footwear Association
• Fashion Group International
• International Association of Clothing Designers and Executives
• California Fashion Association
• Los Angeles United Way
• March of Dimes
• MS Office
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe InDesign