Example of Graduate Student Resume with Summary, Professional Experience, Education and Skills.
A graduate student needs an effective resume to stand out from a crowd of potential job seekers searching for the same employment opportunity. In this case, the emphasis should be placed upon professional skills developed during your academic career, as well as through previous employment. Check out the following graduate student resume sample for some visual guidance when it comes to writing your own.
Will receive an MBA January 2011 with a concentration of Healthcare management. Management trained professional with a career path laid out toward healthcare administration. Strengths include policy setting, budget creation, vendor relations, project supervision, human resources, program design and development, process enhancements and facility growth. Well regarded as a successfully motivating carried employee groups and performance mentor with a proven track record of accomplishment in organizational and leadership areas. Exhibit skills in work project assessment, competency training, recruitment and retention, in-service training, and seminar/workshop development.Management Skills
• Successful team leader possessing abilities for both initiating and managing multi-functional teams and cross-disciplinary projects.
• Focused thinking, decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
• Detailed planning and organizing.
• Professional level communicator.
• Leader/manager skills for Influencing, negotiating and delegating employee abilities.
• Successful conflict resolution.
• Ability to adapt and change based on assessment discovery.
• Experienced time management abilities.
• Individual and team shift scheduling for proper labor disbursement.
• Skilled trainer with ability to capture student attention, engage and motivate.
• High tolerance level for stressful situations.
Master of Public Health Administration
University of Tennessee – Chattanooga, TN
Degree to be awarded January, 2011
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Marketing
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, TN, 2002
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Tennessee, Chattanooga, TN 2003 – Present
• Train subordinate team members. Help supervising team in labor distribution, problem solving and quality control.
• Make colleagues aware concerning new procedures, policies and guidelines.
• Resolve challenges concerning billing and contract information
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Tennessee, Chattanooga, TN 1997 – 2003
Senior Information Representative
• Trained and directed new staff information representatives. Recommended trained representatives for completing EDS computer system training program. Continued in-house training of EDS program graduates upon return. Americlaim of Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN 1994 – 1997
• Had direct contact with customers filing insurance claims for auto and homeowner policies.
• Operated online claims reporting system.
• Followed up with both digital and hard copy customer communication. Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, Chattanooga, TN 1992-1994
Computer Systems Operator
• Ran day-to-day server operations as part of administration team.
• Managed security and user access.
• Performed routine database operations and systems checks
• Association of Information Technology Professionals
• Society for Technical Communication
• National Association of Programmers
• Association of American Healthcare Administration Professionals
• Little League Coach
• Boy Scout Leader
• Community Theater
• Fluent in SpanishTechnical Skills
• MS Office Suite
• Computer language skills include C#, C++, ASP.NET, SQL, PHP, HTML, Java Script, XML
• Software experience includes InstallShield, Visio, CruiseControl.NET, Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop
• Platform experience includes Macintosh, Windows Vista, XP, 2003 and UNIX
• Database experience includes SQL Server 2000 & 2005, MS Access