There are many challenges that a law school student will face over the course of his or her educational career. However, the first of these challenges is the creation of a law school resume which will play an important role on whether the student will be able to gain entry in the first place. Examine the law school resume sample below for some helpful insight and visual guidance when it comes to writing your own.
Professional business manager with strong labor relations and a financial background seeking admission to law school. Exhibited experience as a business manager reviewing contracts, conducting negotiations and offering valuable business consulting including intellectual property requirements. Solid experience as a team manager, creating contracts and other business documentation, including the review and critiquing of business materials plus advising on special projects. Excellent presentation and reporting skills have been exhibited throughout management career.Professional Experience
Pensacola Civic Center, Pensacola, FL 2006 - Present
• Supervise a staff of 167 employees including activities of nine Meeting Planners and seven Production Coordinators.
• Responsible for every element of event logistics including space configurations and set-up, in-room communications (audio and visuals), food and beverages, wait staff, entertainment and more.
• Make sure every conference operation adheres to agreed upon budget.
• Discover opportunities for the cost reduction savings.
• Supervise more than 150 events per year.
• Personally design and implement 80 events / year.
• Create partnerships with favored hotels for delivery of corporate discounts.
• Provide various forms of on-site help including registrations, set ups and tear down.
Boardwalk Beach Resort Convention Center and Hotel, Panama City, FL 2002 - 2006
Entertainment and Box Office Manager
• Developed special events schedule for 700-seat theatre plus two showrooms.
• Scheduled all event staff.
• Supervised all box office activity including staff training, cash settlements and creating summary audits and reports.
• Generated client communications, proposed event themes, completed budget reports with accompanying profit and loss analyses.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Florida, Orlando, FL 2001-2002
Assistant Director of Special Events
• Planned, implemented and executed special events and fundraising activities.
• Recruited and supervised volunteer event staff.
• Obtained event underwriting support through event presentations to community organizations and leaders.
• Created and presented event budget and evaluation reports.
Alliance Theater, Atlanta, GA 2000
• Worked in college-sponsored summer intern program performing various duties helping operate a professional theatre including box office, stage assistance, ticket taking, usher, reservations, physical plant maintenance and more.
• Updated theater customer computer database for digital mailing advertising campaigns.
Association of Fundraising Professionals, Atlanta, GA 1999
• Performed various duties including answering phone, mail, making document copies, preparing information packets and updating various computer databases.Education
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
BA in Business Management, 2001
• Member, Georgia Tech Communications and Marketing
• Wohlford Scholarship Recipient
• Professional Convention Managers Association
• Entertainment Managers Association
• Association of Fundraising Professionals
• Corporate Event Marketing Association
• United Way of PensacolaLanguages
• Fluent in SpanishTechnical Skills
• MS Office Suite
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Dreamweaver