Example of Volunteer Position Resume with Summary, Professional Experience, Education and Skills.
A volunteer is an individual who works to help others or a specific cause without compensation. They conduct altruistic activities aimed at promoting good or improving the human quality of life. If you are looking for a volunteer assignment, you should use the resume sample for a volunteer position below for some guidance when it comes to writing your own.
Easy going young professional with more than six years experience as a community volunteer. Possess highly developed planning and organization skills as well as being an effective communicator with superb writing and verbal abilities. Volunteer experience has allowed the development of great interpersonal skills exhibiting empathy and compassion. High levels of energy and attention to detail help effective execution of volunteer assignments. Experience leading and managing volunteer teams as well as displaying the ability to work independent from supervision.Professional Experience
Planned Parenthood Federation of America- Washington, Stevens Pass, WA 2007 - Present
Community Education Outreach Volunteer
• Help staffing community outreach events providing logistics.
• Research potential community fairs and events.
• Train event volunteers.
• Assist ordering supplies to be given to event volunteers at fairs.
• Recruit and assist scheduling volunteers.
• Coordinate volunteer activities with the community education associate or new volunteers coordinator concerning community event and other special programs.
• Perform other assigned duties as required.
Catholic Healthcare Volunteer Services – Stevens Pass, WA 2004 - 2007
• Staffed information desk assisting hospital visitors, patients and families.
• Provided directions through facility and/or escorted visitors and patients through the hospital.
• Performed clerical duties in an office environment using computer skills.
• Conducted safe environment checks to make sure no harm came to other volunteers, staff, patients and hospital visitors.
• Maintained and serviced first aid kits, insect repellent, sunscreen, water cooler and cups and other necessary items as required.
• Assisted discharging patients from the ER area on weekends.
• Assisted with special projects and events.
• Worked directly with children in the pediatric center helping make their hospital stay as normal as possible.
Girl Scouts of America, Stevens Pass, WA 2004 – Present
Regional Cookie Sales Coordinator
• Coordinate the annual sales activities for Girl Scout Cookies in the Stevens Pass area.
• Analyze and determine inventory needs for campaign sales.
• Contact and arrange for commercial sales site locations.
• Prepare and complete pre-sales and post sales activity reports.
Calvert Realty, Stevens Pass, WA 2001 - Present
• Own and operate a full service residential / commercial real estate firmEducation
Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
BS in Economics and Business Management, 2000
• Graduated magna cum laude
• Dean's List Student
• Merit Scholar
• Member Kiwanis National Honors Society and Alpha Beta Gamma
• Licensed Real Estate BrokerProfessional Organizations
• Washington Realtors Association
• Professional Business Women's Association
• National Association of Women Business Owners
• Association for Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals
• Little League
Conversational SpanishTechnical Skills
• MS Office Suite
• Word Perfect
• Reporter Volunteer Software
• Hospital Patient Search Software